Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Too many pots spoil the cook

Sometimes I just overwhelm myself!  I am starting yet another quilt-along for the year, plus all the blocks of the month (which I promised I wouldn't do this year).  Sigh.  This morning, I started Pat Sloan's quilt-along called 'Childhood Games'... The first block is called 'Hide and Seek'.  I fussy cut kitties and made the block.


Now... back to Bonnie Hunter's 'Frolic' mystery, which is a mystery no more.  I've got the first border on, just have to decide what to do about the last 2 borders... the sawtooth borders don't exactly appeal to me, so I think I may decide on something different.  Time to do some designing.  I will still, I'm sure, use the half square triangles originally designed to be the sawtooth borders, but I may re-configure them, maybe pinwheels?  or pointy lozenges?  I'll figure something out.

1 comment:

  1. Love your kitty blocks. Like you, I have signed on for too many sew-a-longs and BOMs. I just can't stop myself. Maybe one day I'll actually accomplish all I set out to do. Looks like you're on the way with yours. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...