Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A Mysterious start to the year

Well, I finished one of last year's mystery tops... The Meadow Mist Mosaic Mystery.  I have to say I really like how this one came out... love the 'chain' and the 'on-point plaid' look of it.  And off it goes into the UFO pile til there's time to make a backing for it.


 I started another mystery quilt this year.  It's called the Murder Mystery Quilt 2020 ... I'm looking forward to this, as it sounds fun.  I've got my fabrics chosen, and the first block is finished.   This should be interesting because it's an actual murder mystery with a story and clues and a solution at the end that includes more than just a finished quilt.  This is my first block:






And Bonnie Hunter is up to date... the latest clue is finished, though I've a bit more cutting to do once the final clues are released (my methods differ from hers, so unsewn pieces are uncut as well).  Here are a couple of my sewn sets from the last clue:



Two complete sets laid out with all the pieces, and a bunch of other completed sets off to the right hand side, waiting for the next clue.

Yet another mystery quilt, Out West by Pat Sloan... first block done:



This morning I will be attending one of my guild meetings, returning library books and trying to relax.  It's been a busy sewing weekend, with a forecast of more sewing as the week progresses. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...