Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

In the Wake of...

 A sleepless night online with friends last night til 3:30 am.... and fitful and unrestful sleep to follow for a few hours.  I've been up now since 6:30am... and still no answers.  So I took to my studio and made a block, trying to stay busy.

 

This is block 4 of Pat Sloan's 'Cozy Things' quilt design.  A bit wonky, but I was half asleep while sewing, so not surprising... I forgot to reset my stitch length to 2.3 (from 2.0 for applique), so there's a bit of gathering, and I didn't read the pattern thoroughly, so I made the center pinwheel and added the border strips in long strips using partial seam construction (instead of adding 2 pieces of each border to each square of the pinwheel and sewing it together as a four-patch)... I deserved what I get for this one... I really should read the isntructions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...