Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Overwhelmed By the Holidays... and it's only November!

 I am already feeling overwhelmed by the holidays and it's really only November 12th.  We are having a very small Thanksgiving this year.  Just me and the hubs and maybe our live-in son and d-i-l.  They might actually be working... we are waiting for them to know their schedules.  I've got all my BOMs to keep up with, my BOWs (like Pat Sloan's 'Cozy Things' - see below), not to mention mystery quilts in progress (Tula Pink's City Sampler), or just starting (Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek), or soon to start (Parallel Universe mystery).  Add to that, I've committed to running Rise of the Runelords for my gaming friends - another time sink needing my attention... GAaaahh!

Well, here is block 5 of Cozy Things:

This block was totally fun to choose fabrics for and make.  I keep telling myself I don't need to make more samplers, which is what Pat's quilts tend to be, but I have so much fun with it, and then I donate them to folks in need - usually through one of my guilds' charities.  It's all win-win.  Sometimes I'm so jealous of my friends with grandkids and great-grandkids who have lots of family to gift quilts to as they grow, but I guess I will have to be content to find my blessings in other directions.  

Time to refocus and keep working, keep busy, and stay positive.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...