Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Home from Retreat

The retreat was wonderful - 5 1/2 days of dedicated sewing with a few other activities like swimming, shopping, and antiquing mixed in.  I really felt inspired to sew my little heart out and finished two tops, made 6 fabric postcards, finished quilting one top and did all the ditch quilting on a another.  For me, that's a lot in 5 days.  It was loads of fun, lots of fun girlfriend stuff.  I'm glad to be home, but I sure need a week away now and then. 

Here's what I got done:  a double friendship star quilt made with plaids from an old exchange a long time ago, and the solids and backgrounds all came from stash.
I also made a quilt I call 'Flower Garden', a design I put together for my guild, made from floral strips we exchanged.  The border looks almost black in the photo - it's actually a dark forest green.
I finished the quilting on my 'Summer Sunshine' wallhanging.  I might add a little more quilting in the blocks, but the borders are done and the sleeve and label affixed with the binding completed.  I can always add the additional quilting in the blocks later.
I also made postcards and I've already mailed them off to their recipients:



All in all it was a productive and thoroughly enjoyable week.  I feel invigorated and inspired to continue quilting and sewing at home.  Maybe that's what retreats are all about - getting away and rediscovering the spark of creativity that brought us to quilting in the first place.

Wishing all of you to stay connected to your spark and enjoy your creative spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...