Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

postcards from the edge

I belong to two groups that exchange fabric postcards.  I had a chance to finish making 9 postcards in the past two days.  I mailed all 9 this morning to recipients as far away as Germany, the UK, and Hawaii.  I hope they all arrive safely.  I love making them.  They are lots of fun to create and to receive.  The categories of these 9 were: butterflies, the color purple and the letter B.... sounds a little like Sesame Street there, but it really isn't.

I have received some wonderful cards in these swaps, and I would post some pictures of some of them, but I can't post the ones I've sent.  Perhaps tomorrow I will take some pics of some of the ones I've received and post them here.

Why can't I post pics of the ones I've made, you ask?  Because I killed another computer this morning.  The pics of my latest postcards were on that computer.  I am now on my third computer in a month.  I seem to have the touch of death where hard drives are concerned.  This one I'm using is my husband's old back-up laptop.  I don't think he'll be happy if I kill this one too.

My main computer isn't back from Alienware yet.  I'm still waiting on its return. I called customer service today and all they could confirm was that they received my computer for repair.  No word yet on when it would be done and shipped back.  Sigh.

Anyway - fabric post cards are lots of fun.  There are a lot of tutorials out there on the web about how to make them.  There are groups that swap cards.  If you're interested, check out postcardpizzazz and postcardmailart on yahoo groups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...