Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Road to California

So... Three long-arm classes and $100 on tools and toys later, I'm home from Road to California.  OMG, all the eye candy!  I could have spent a small fortune there, but I was good and mostly stuck to my original budget, which was to buy one package of Thread Heaven, an Itty Bitty and a stitch in the ditch ruler for my long-arm.  My two splurges (though I was sorely tempted to spend more!) were a blingy badge hanger and a fabric panel with tuxedo cats on it.  It was too cute to pass up.  I kept being drawn to the jewelry, but I didn't buy any.  And there were some awesome sparkly fabrics I wanted to buy for my upcoming trip - but again I didn't.... I just walked away and sighed heavily.  I passed by the Laurel Burch mugs I didn't already own and the other long-arm toys and templates that I could have just died for.... all-in-all a successful trip to the quilt show.

To top it all off, the show itself had some wonderful quilts... just gorgeous... and of course, now, I feel totally inadequate as a quilter after seeing the caliber of art being created by others.  I will not let this deter me from continuing to quilt and create and grow in my art - despite showing at Road and taking 3rd place two years ago, I still am not nearly in the same league as these other quilters.  I have so much to learn and do yet!

I prepare for the quilt cruise now.... we leave on Thursday - I have 6 days to hem a few pairs of pants and pack my bags... Sounds like a lot of time, but the stress is killing me... I am not looking forward to the flying part of the trip - hopefully the Xanax my doctor prescribed will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...