Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Finished two more Northern Wilderness blocks over the last two days... The appliques are getting harder, though I haven't done ALL the easy ones yet.  I think the mountains will be the easiest ones of all.  Some of the ones coming up look uber hard though - like the fireweed and the outhouse.  We'll see when I get to them I guess. 

 These are forget-me-nots, I did my best to match the colors, but since I'm working from stash, I'm stuck with what I have. Not too bad, I think.


This is a bald eagle.  Very hard block to edge-stitch the appliques on... all those branches and feathers!  Glad it's done though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the process, just not always the backache that I get doing this much detailed stitching.  Maybe I need to adjust my chair? 

Anyway - more to come... soon I hope, though I have  a class to teach on Saturday that I have to prep for so I don't know how much work I'll get done on this quilt until next week.


1 comment:

  1. Love these! Good for you for getting the edge-stitching done as you go. I find it far too easy to put that process off on my McKenna Ryan projects since I have such a longgggg to-do list. Eventually I'm going to have to buck up and do this step!

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...