Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Road to California

Enjoyed my first day at Road to California today.  Got to see all the quilts... just beautiful - so many amazing quilts... and the quilting... OMG...  just OMG...

And I got through all the vendor's booths, and only bought a pair of batting scissors, which I badly needed.  I feel pretty good about that.  No fabric, not even a fat quarter, and no new Laurel Birch bags (that was hard - there was a really cool one in purple!  with CATS!).  Having my husband along with me helped a lot when dealing with the vendors.  Things I normally would have bought, like indigo fabric and jewelry were easier to avoid with him looking over my shoulder.

Tonight, we are going to see Argo.  It isn't playing anyplace near us, well it wasn't last week, who knows whether it will come back or not, seeing as it's nominated for best picture.  But it is playing at the local AMC here in Ontario, so we are going to see it finally!  YAY!

Tomorrow we take a longarm class together - all day.  We might even still be speaking to each other when it's all over, lol.

Then, tomorrow night, it's back home to our houseful of kitties and our own bed.  Thank goodness.  I love going to shows, and I love taking classes - always so inspiring, but it's always a relief to come home again.  I didn't take any pics of the quilts at the show, not even the winners.  I figure they will all be on the Road to Caifornia website soon enough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...