Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Jury and other duties

I am sitting in the Ventura County Hall of Justice, waiting to see if I get called to actually sit on a jury.  So far today, no one's been called at all.  I hope it continues that way.  I want to make a clean getaway at 5pm.  *snicker*

Anyway, on the quilting front, I finished two borders for my Woodland creatures quilt, and I have some of the blocks pinned for assembly. I rarely pin, but these blocks are SO big, and the fabric frayed so easily on the edges while I was working on the blocks, that I decided to go the route of pinning them.  I will sew them together tonight when I get home.  Here are the two borders I have finished:

Woodland Creatures upper inner border

Woodland Creatures lower inner border
Sorry the picture of the chipmunk border is a little blurry, i just couldn't seem to get a clear picture of it.

So I got home from jury duty and didn't feel like just vegging in front of the tv, so I sewed those pinned blocks and got the first borders on the Woodland Creatures quilt.  Here it is, (pic taken by my DH, so not blurry):

Woodland Creatures, sans outer borders.


Tonight and tomorrow night are the last of the Olympics, with Sunday being reserved for the closing ceremonies.  Are you watching?  I thought about boycotting the games because of the human rights issues going on in Russia, and the slaughter of stray dogs in Sochi before the games, but I simply couldn't miss the figure skating and ice dancing.  So far, I have to admit, the participants did not disappoint.  I don't really watch any other winter sports, so the rest was all watched on fast-forward on the DVR.  It really was amusing to watch some of the sports at x3 speed!

Anyway... hope you are all staying warm and enjoying your day.  TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...