Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tea and embellishments...

I am home sick today.  It's the first time I've been physically sick in a very long time.  I had to postpone a dental appointment and jury duty, neither of which I mind putting off a few days.  I have been home drinking tea all day (yes TEA, and only tea... no interesting additives... just plain tea).  I'm foggy in the head enough from this fever without adding grappa to my tea, lol.

I have been doing a little sewing though, even while sick.  I only had to do a little unsewing because I thought I made a mistake... it turned out I sewed it right the first time, and had to resew again, but it's easy to make such mistakes when you're not thinking clearly. 

I made the borders for Bertie's Year, block one (January) sewed them on the block, then did the embroidered embellishments in the block.   Here's my finished block:



I didn't do the fly stitch around the zigzag border... Does it really NEED it?  I don't know... What do you think?  Here's what it looks like WITH the fly stitch:


My block doesn't have the buttons on it yet either, but I will add those after it's quilted. 

I really do want opinions on whether to add that fly stitch on the border or not.  I guess it would help delineate the border, especially in those corners where that one really DARK red makes it hard to see the pattern... but I'm so lazy, it seems like a lot of work.  Anyway - all opinions welcome.  Thanks!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...