Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Final Two

I have my decision down to two fabrics for that border - an autumnal leaf pattern and a brown on cream plaid.  Both suit the quilt (it does have several plaid fabrics in it, and it is an autumn quilt), and I simply can't seem to make up my mind.  I have decided to go light for the border... but which one?

 
Autumn Joy with two possible border fabrics.


My husband likes the plaid, but I'm afraid it might be too light.  I like them both pretty equally, but I'm afraid the autumn leaves might be too busy.  Help?  Leave a comment, please!  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.


6 comments:

  1. Honestly, both look too light to compliment this quilt, BUT, you are the designer and only need my opinion on the choice of the two.... so, the plaid would definitely be the better choice, the leaves would distract from the quilt and a border should only make the quilt pop not take away from it..... good luck in your choice, I love what you already accomplished with the quilt. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the plaid! I don't think it's too light. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You posted on stashbusters that folks could not comment here...obviously that is inaccurate. Maybe they didn't see the little blue "comments" to click! It works just fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I like them both. The plaid is a little light that the tea dyeing would fix. but I like the leaves which repeat the leaves theme I the quilt. How about a very narrow dark brown strip between the green and whatever you put on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plaid, but then I always vote plaid!! Love the center.
    doni @ Oregon coast

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...