Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2019

A Year in the Making

I do a lot of Block of the Month programs... no pressure, or at least little pressure... just one block to do each month, but do enough of them, that's a lot of disparate blocks from different quilts that all have to be made each month... they add up.  Sometimes I get behind... but this is one, I never got behind on til the end... it required a lot of hand embroidery on the blocks, and I saved ALL of that til all the blocks were appliqued, and to add to it, I made two of these quilts (one for me and one for Sunny Saints Saint Bernard Rescue, where I've gotten my last three dogs from, to use as a fund raiser).  Eleven blocks in the quilt, so 22 blocks made, plus all the embroidery, and this week, I cut and sewed all the sashing and borders.

The quilt needs a bit more applique (20 appliqued paw prints on each of the two quilts)... and then I have to quilt them too! (btw, the dogs get button eyes after the quilting is done... I know it looks a little creepy since they don't have eyes yet)

I'm leaving on a quilting retreat next Thursday... 4 days at the beach, with 20 other dedicated quilters and nothing to do but sew, sew sew!!!  I'm hoping to get the applique done on this one before the end of the retreat, and I have lots of other things to work on as well.  It will be a very busy weekend, but I am SO looking forward to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...