Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Make Time for Yourself

Wise words... most of us don't take enough time for ourselves... we all have so many roles in life we must fulfill... I am mother to a wonderful son, 'mother-of-cats' (a GoT reference for my fellow fans) and mother to 2 Saint Bernards too (drool rules!), homeowner (but not housekeeper), quilter, artist, activist, roleplayer, gamer, teacher...  I know others have even busier lives, with work, home, family, and all the personal obligations that keep us all so busy...  and most of us don't take time for ourselves.  We need to recharge, relax and sometimes just contemplate things... anythings! 

And that brings me to the quilt segment I finished this last weekend... block 5 of Dear Daughter, emblazoned with the words 'Make Time for Yourself'.  This gave me a lot to think about while I was working on it.



I went on a girlfriend's trip this last week, 2 1/2 days driving up and staying at Yosemite, touring the valley, visiting falls, springs, mountains, and pioneer cabins and structures.  Because of this, I opted to skip a couple of weekend activities I had scheduled while thinking about making time... instead, I spent some time with my husband, buying a new sofa, going to the movies together and just hanging about the house together.  I did squeeze in some community time and some sewing time too.... making another Harry Potter block (Snape this time), adding some eyebrows because he looked too expressionless. 

Today, the dogs need to go to the groomer, my housekeepers are coming, and I'm almost out of dry cat food.  The rushing around like a scatterbrained chicken begins again....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...