Pages

Monday, March 11, 2019

Being sick can play hell with your mojo...

Okay, I guess we all have sick days from time to time.  I guess I'm lucky that I'm not physically sick very often.  I get my flu shot every year, and just don't tend to catch colds very often, at least not since my son got out of school (he used to catch EVERYthing and bring it home during his school days, esp. elementary school.  I caught everything he brought home, too).

This time I picked up this cold that's been going around:  chest congestion and bad cough.  I think I caught it from one of my besties who had it 2 weeks ago.  It took her almost 2 weeks to get over it, and I came down with my first symptoms last Tuesday.... which means I've still got a week to go?  Anyway, no fever, no aches and pains, just 2 days of laryngitis followed by an annoying cough that keeps me up at night and leaves me with little to no energy. 

I haven't sewed much since I came down with this... Missed 2 sewing club meetings already (last Thursday and Saturday.  I went to Wednesday's sew-in because I wasn't coughing yet, still had the laryngitis, tho)...

I have been stressing out over how much sewing I HAVEN'T been doing... I'm falling behind on many projects.  Despite all all the stress and the lack of energy or initiative, I made myself do a block today - cut this morning, sewed this afternoon, and done!  Hermione is finished. 


Next week, Harry's Wand is going to be released, I hope I'm over this by then. 

Sunday (yesterday), DH and I went to the Ahmanson, me with lots of meds to keep the coughing under control.  Thought we were going to see Roger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella (the musical).. instead it was a new ballet production with music by Prokofiev.  The music was fine, but the story and the dancing were painful to watch.  We left at the first (of two) intermission.  We weren't the only ones.  I am NOT re-upping my season tickets for next year.... we'll just buy full price tix for the few things we ARE interested in seeing there.  So very disappointed... it was a long drive and a lot of stairs for something we were highly disappointed by.  (Not just because it wasn't what we were expecting - but it was just so abysmally bad all by itself).  Anyway, enough griping.

Tomorrow I will skip my morning guild meeting I think and stay home.  If I feel up to sewing, great... if not, I will just take my meds and try to survive the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...