Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Time Marches On...

Here it is March and I've only JUST completed my second quilt for 2019.  I feel like I am falling further and further behind... I've got a huge pile of quilts needing just bindings and my pile of quilts needing quilting is getting larger.   Oh my... how do I stop starting new things and finish what I've got... but ... um... SQUIRREL!!!!  Can you say 'easily distracted?'... lol

Here is my Diamond Tiles quilt (begun last year from Bonnie Hunter's block from the May/June 2018 issue of Quiltmaker Magazine).

 
This picture was taken before the binding was finished.  Every diamond has a different fussy-cut cat from a different cat fabric (except for the four corner pieces, which were all made from the same fabric, but a different cat in each one).  Had so much fun making this one, including the corner appliques.  Gotta love those kitty pawprints!

Here are a couple of close up pics of the quilt, one showing the corner detail and the applique, the other showing some of the diamond tile blocks:



It does give me a heady, accomplished sensation to finish a quilt and call it done, but how do I translate that into encouragement to get to work on the ones in progress???  I think I need an intervention!

5 comments:

  1. Its Beautiful! What an imaginative quilt and fun to look at all of the different animals you've placed in the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt, hope you are feeling better. Diamond Tiles was in the Quiltmaker issue from May/June 2018

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, and thanks for the information too, I'll update my post. I am feeling much better... time heals slowly, but it happens...

      Delete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...