Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Stay Tuned, Planning and Sorting

Well, today was the Southern California version of a 'snow day' - it rained almost all day.  I sewed for a couple of hours, then went out for a little bit pre-rain - got the new screen protector for my phone put on at the Verizon store (they are better at it than I am, and faster)...  did my 'dailies' (Pokemon Go and Wizards Unite), and picked up lunch, came home and played a little Pathfinder with some friends. 

My sewing was working with very small patches... making these 6.5" blocks for the Thimblecreek mystery 'Stay Tuned'.



Playing for a while was a good thing, because I needed something good to balance out my day.  Why?  Because after the game, I checked my email and text messages and got the WORST news ... My sew-in tonight was cancelled (ok, that was only mildly bad news), My April retreat at the beach has been cancelled (been looking forward to that for a year!), Hamilton (at the Pantages in Hollywood) is shut down for at least a month - til March 31st - My tickets (with friends) were for March 22nd... they are refunding our ticket price but that's not the point!  I've been looking forward to this since November, when tickets went on sale!  (yes, I was on the computer an hour before release time, waiting to hit the button and buy 4 orchestra seats on the aisle!)... I'm so disappointed!!!... and Disneyland is closed (or will be on March 14th), Broadway in NY is shut down (ALL the theaters) - was planning a trip to see a show in the near future... I'm just furious and bummed at the same time... fummed?

Oh, and I labeled all my catchall drawers in my sewing room with what's in each drawer so I know.  Today's Quilty March Madness from Pat Sloan was Sorting... my stuff was mostly sorted, but I always had to rifle through drawers to figure out which one was which... Now I don't have to do that.

And since tonight's sew-in has been cancelled, I'm home with my husband... maybe going to make a Costco run for gas and a few other items (NO WATER and NO TP! - don't know if they are in stock or not, don't care, don't want them, just saying... I'm not stocking up on that kind of stuff, lol) - We have our emergency supply of water, food and other items in case of earthquakes - that will keep us for a while anyway, and panic buying water and tp seems silly to me... Some people are going to end up starving in their homes surrounded by rolls of toilet paper.  Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now and go back to sewing again!  I've got more quilting to do!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...