Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Sticking With It

I've been trying to take on too much lately.... I'm doing 3 mysteries, a couple of quilt-a-longs, Pat Sloan's March Madness (a daily to-do, changes every day!)...  I'm starting to flounder, falling behind on things.  Sigh.  Why aren't there a few more hours in the day? - just for crafting, tho!

I did get this baby back from the longarmer, Doug Sobel, the Quilt Hero.  I love all the custom quilting he did on it... Now just need to make a little bias binding to finish it off.  This quilt, which doesn't have a name yet, was a Saturday Sampler from a local quilt shop... I made lots of mistakes, not all my fault, though.  But it's done and ready for binding.  I'm happy with it, and got to explore a few rarely used techniques (hand applique, EPP, following directions, lol)...


Joe and Roxy Wood of Thimblecreek quilts are offering a little mystery quilt this year.  The quilt and the mystery may not be little, but the blocks are (all 6")... LOTS of seams!  Anyway, here is week 3, all finished and ready for week 4 next Tuesday!  Super fun to make and I DO love star blocks!


Pat Sloan is doing a March Madness event this year.  Each day she presents another task to handle.. some are easier than others, some more fun than others.  Yesterday was to tackle a 'pile'  I chose to tackle the ones in my den.  I half-cleaned off the piles of stuff on the coffee table, but the BIG pile on the floor got reduced as well (that big pile on the floor was my main task, but my husband would disagree... as a result, each one only got partially done)...  Here are the before and after pictures:

Before 


And After
Today I will do other things... I've got a doctor's appointment and a game and my mini-group sew-in.  Maybe I'll find time to cut some fabric so I can sew tonight, otherwise, I'll have to do handwork.... And sometime in there, I've GOT to get my round robin block from guild finished... It's due next Wednesday! Aaaargh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...