Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Mornings are for Making

I love sewing in the early morning.  I'm rested (at least somewhat) and raring to go...   After breakfast today, I managed to make a couple more hexagons, cut and piece my second 'Stay at Home Quilt Along' block, and inventory all my scissors and cutting tools.






This is my Sew Along block... much like the last one, but with black corners, and different cats.

My Scissor Story:

This is my favorite cutting tool.... that little blue thing at the top that these thread snips hang from clips on my neckline and I wear it everywhere, all the time, even to bed... after all, I must have it with me in case of an earthquake.





This is the mess that my scissor drawer was in when I opened it...





I cleaned out all the scissors and just left the rotary cutters and blades:




I laid out all my loose scissors, including my grandma Fan's Wiss pinking shears, (long since gone too dull to cut fabric):




And there's my new Tula Pink tool set, including lots of scissors and a rotary cutter:




I've got more than three 60mm Olfa ergonomic rotary cutters not pictured here - One at my cutting table, one next to my sewing machine, one in my sewing 'go-bag' and one unopened that I bought when I thought I lost one of the others... someday I'll see about exchanging it at Joann's or gifting it to someone.. we'll see.  There might be more, but I can't remember.  I do tend to lose things, buy replacements and then find the original.

So kudos to all the quilters who are organized and always know where every tool is... I'm not one of you... LOL.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...