Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

April Heat Wave Progress

Ok, first let me start with a disclaimer... In my defense, I was scheduled to take part in an online convention this weekend, which would keep me busy from 9am til 10pm from Thursday morning thru Sunday night. So Thursday night, after my online obligations, I decided to make Friday's Pat Sloan quiltalong block.

Then it occurred to me that I might be too tired to make Saturday's block or Sunday's for that matter, so might as well just make them, too. So I made those... that left me with just 4 little squares for next week and the corner pieces for them, and I thought, 'Gee, these could get lost on my sewing table between now and then' and in my foggy 2am brain, I thought it would be a good idea just to finish them all. 



Next thing I knew, it was 3 am and I was sewing the blocks into rows because they were taking up my whole design wall (well a big chunk of it), and I had another quilt I had to lay out there. Once I got the rows sewn, I had no place to put them so I sewed the rows together.

The center of the quilt looked so lonely and unfinished there, so I picked a bright red for the inner boarder, cut some 2 1/2" strips and sewed those on to square it all up.

And there I left it, heading to bed about 3:30 am...

I got up at 6:30 this morning, and I have to wait an hour between morning meds and something to eat (a requirement of one of the meds), so I went to the sewing room and picked out some fabric to border the quilt with. I cut the border strips, and decided on cornerstones, cut those... sewed the side strips on the quilt and suddenly it was time for breakfast and my morning convention meeting.

Long break to be online...

My group and I finished our meeting at 3:30 in the afternoon, some 6 1/2 hours earlier than the published time we had to finish in... So I went to the sewing room, put the cornerstones on the top and bottom borders, and then took a break to watch some tv and feed my animals. After the break, I went back to the studio, sewed the top and bottom borders on and voila! A finished top!!! I was excited..

.

... Until I remembered, this was supposed to be a daily stitch-along that would last til Thursday.  Sigh.

But all that work did result in an empty design wall, so, with the help of my DH, I pinned up the blocks from my Thimblecreek semi-mystery 'Stay Tuned'... it's all ready to be sewn together. 

Maybe tomorrow...

Thimblecreek is starting a new mystery quilt... but I'm not sure if I'm gonna do this one... I'll wait til a bit later and catch up if I need to... I'm a feeling a bit overwhelmed with stuff right now.... Not that this one wasn't fun, but the new one is more 6 1/2" blocks (not a problem in and of itself), and they are doing them all in civil war fabrics and shirtings, and I might want to see more before jumping on the bandwagon.

I'll figure it out... until then, I've got plenty of sewing to do... and an order for more masks, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...