Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Finding Time to Sew

After a few days of no sewing, I have finally pulled myself out of my funk and sequestered myself in my studio for some hardcore piecing.  It felt good and right and normal and things have been far from normal of late. I managed to make 5 more blocks for the Thimblecreek Stay Tuned Mystery... and one block for Pat Sloan's April Quiltalong.  I am HOPING that tonight I get to make a block for Pat Sloan's Childhood Games and maybe her Out West mystery as well.  We shall see.

These are the five 6.5" blocks for the Thimblecreek Stay Tuned Mystery:  I'm not crazy about the middle one in the top row.. it looks 'washed out' compared to the others, which are all bright.  I'm NOT remaking it.






This is my block for Pat Sloan's April Quiltalong... This one is not a mystery, all the blocks are the same pattern, just different fabrics.  I have decided to use all cat fabrics for my main fabrics, and alternating black and white corners:





And now I'm off to the studio to cut more fabric...  Hope you are staying well, staying safe and following all the health protocols.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...