Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Making Masks and Catching Up...

Yesterday and this morning, I made 2 more Pat Sloan Quiltalong blocks... Easy-peasy and quick to make.  #12 is on the left, #11 on the right.


Two days ago I cut fabric for a couple of projects.  One was for month 4 of the 2020 Murder Mystery Quilt.... blocks are still not done yet though.  The other was for the Thimblecreek Mystery Quilt 'Stay Tuned'... Last night I managed to finish the last of the piecing and pressing to make the units (HST's and FG) that make up the block, but got too tired to sew more than one block (there are five each week).  So this morning, before I started in on more masks, I sewed up the other four blocks... Here they are:


This coming Tuesday, we should be getting the finishing instructions on how to put it all together.  Looking forward to that!

After finishing these two parts of quilts this morning, I worked on more masks.  I got 26 blanks done, and about 13 pairs of ties ready for sewing onto the masks... which means I need another 13 pairs - for this batch anyway... Time to make more bias binding I think (which is what I make my ties out of).  Until now, I've been using leftover bits of binding for ties, but this time, I had to cut new binding strips... It feels like such a chore, but it has to be done.  Back to work for me!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...