Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Making Masks and Trying to Keep Up

Wow... so much happening in the world... this virus sucks, staying home all the time sucks too.  But you know, the people who lived and died through the flu epidemic last century probably thought the same thing.  The men and women who fought WWII or endured the hardships and rationing and such at home during WWII probably thought the same thing... And all we are asked to do is stay home.  I think we can endure... But it sure is a pain sometimes.  I went out to do my daily tasks for Pokemon Go and Harry Potter tonight at midnight and got followed by a Police cruise - the guy probably thought I was driving suspiciously - very slow and going from the park to the church to the theater to an office complex... and pausing at each place long enough to spin a pokestop or catch a creature or put something in a gym.  I think he finally decided I was no threat and he turned right when I turned left.. whew...

Now I'm home.... finished up 25 masks for the folks at my husband's company (I'll be making about 35 more total for them, but 25 was all I got done in 3 days, so they are being delivered tomorrow, while I start more).  Yeah, I'm slow, but mine are pleated, bound, with bias ties not elastic... they take a little longer to make.





And I made "'tomorrow's" block for Pat Sloan's 'Stay at Home Quiltalong'.  Technically it's today, but it's 1:30am, so it still feels like part of yesterday.


Of course, somehow, I"ve managed while making masks, to fall behind on my Murder Mystery 2020 blocks, my Thimblecreek mystery blocks, and Pat's Childhood Games quilt... Maybe tomorrow before I start making more masks, I'll work on those Because:  Tomorrow I'll be... let's see.. um... oh yeah.... STAYING HOME! 


sigh.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...