Saturday, July 16, 2011

Caffeine High

My husband brought me a mocha this morning and I've been on a caffeine high all day.  I made an entire quilt today - it's not basted yet, but I finished the top in one day, all from stash.



If any of my minigroup sees this post, they'll be disgusted with me - We were all supposed to work on these quilts at the same time... over the course of the summer.  I just 'got the bug' I guess.  I still have to baste and quilt it, so I guess I'm not really done with it, but getting close.

Now it's time to reorganize and clean my sewing room again... I've made a mess of things with all the fabrics I pulled for this one, plus other quilts I've been working on.  Something for my 'to do' list for this week!  I have to get it done during the week because I've promised part of next weekend I'd work as a volunteer at the county fairgrounds.  I think I'm only working on Sunday but it's sure to be stressful, not to mention painful.

I'm a little sad, I won't be entering anything of my own in this year's fair... the few things I've finished aren't really fair-worthy... maybe I'll enter my little lonestar wall-hanging.  We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work in one day! Looks wonderful.

    Seems my sewing room/studio never is completely organized no matter how hard I try. Hope you are more successful.

    warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
    fellow PostCardMailArt member

    ReplyDelete