Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Complications

OMG, Bunny Hill Designs makes the most complicated pieced backgrounds for their applique blocks.  I am doing their pattern 'Pumpkin Hill' as a sort of 'self-imposed-BOM'.  I just got to block 4 and it's huge and with a zillion pieces.  It took me almost 3 hours to make a background for applique:


Now, granted, their finished blocks, with the applique on them are very interesting, and probably far prettier than just slapping applique pieces onto a slab of a single fabric, but 3 hours to make one block?  I'm exhausted!  lol

I am supposed to be on a stay-at-home retreat this weekend, but with the completion of piecing this background, I have nothing else left to work on.  Which is fine.   I have a little clean up still left to do  - putting away all the fabrics I pulled for this block. 

Tonight I'm gonna see the new Harry Potter movie, tomorrow is for D&D and maybe seeing Cars2.  Sunday, I'm volunteering at the county fair.  My retreat weekend is being cut short by life.  That seems to happen a lot to me lately.  C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...