Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 1 of Hell Week

Today was the first day of the worst of my life. Actually it wasn't that bad. Except for the high winds and all. Still.. lots got thrown out or recycled, even stuff I haven't been able to let go of for a long time. If I were working alone, I wouldn't have gone through nearly as much stuff, and I wouldn't have been able to say goodbye to so many things that I've had an emotional attachment to for so long ... like my grandmother's sewing box. It's old, the lid disintegrated years ago, and I don't use it anymore... but I let it go... and so many toys and other things... It wasn't easy to see so many things go away, but I really didn't need or want any of this stuff.

Yet... I feel like it wasn't enough... more stuff should have gone away... maybe because we only worked in the garage and the house hasn't changed yet? Tomorrow and Thursday, the work will be in the house because it's still supposed to be high winds all day both days. I'm not looking forward to this part... the house is full of my stuff and I'm not sure how to let go of the things I don't need anymore... but that is why I've got help.

I'd never be able to do it alone, I DO know that...

It will be a busy day - I've got lots to do in addition to the work in the house - class & errands... Hopefully I will survive it.

On an upnote, the pain from doing pushups is fading a little... I can lift my left arm over my head as long as I go up to the side... My right arm is still has very limited movement. Lots of hip pain, so even though I was supposed to walk for an hour, I didn't. Tomorrow I might walk 1/2 way to class (drive halfway and walk the rest). But I have to get out early to do it. I need the walking and I need the social interaction of being in class for a while before I have to get home to work with the organizers.

Hooray for surviving day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...