Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Transformations 9/7/09

First posted on Sept 7, 2009:

I've never blogged much before... well there was a short lived one on neopets years ago... I usually can't even keep up a journal, though I love holding pen in hand and doodling on the pages.

I guess I just want to do this to keep myself motivated.

In what I hope is a nutshell, here is my story:

I've been depressed for about 25 years. It started as postpartum depression and just never went away. My son is in college, my husband is a sweetheart who has put up with me all these years, and my dr. just put me on some new meds that have FINALLY made a difference for the first time in 25 years. Where was Abilify back then???? Anyway. I started quilting about 5 years ago and I'm seriously hooked. I've converted most of the house into roaming studio, fabric storage, floor to ceiling stacks of batting, and my one ancient sewing machine has turned into 4 machines... soon to be 5 when my longarm is delivered.

I seriously have to simplify, organize and redecorate. My parents passed away not long ago, within 2 years of each other and so my house is filled with not only my own things but many of theirs. It's time to let go of the past and move on...

So... I'm turning my family room into a quilting studio, my son's bedroom into the quilting room (for the longarm). I'm ripping out all my carpet to try to keep allergies under control (I love my kittehs more than my health). Walls need to be painted, and the general chaos of my packrattishness needs to STOP.

I'm hoping that keeping a blog will help me stay on track with what needs to be done.

Day one - this post... and we picked a floor - it's handscraped Pecan, light but with a lot of color in it.... should go well with the mcm teak dining room and the mcm blond mahogany living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...