Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

No Pain, No Gain... 9/19/09

First posted Sept 19, 2009

So, I didn't post yesterday. Did I post the day before? I can't remember, but still... the point is that I haven't been posting every day. And while that was my goal, I really don't feel I need to be obligated when there is nothing new to add. I'd rather have my posts be meaningful and maybe spaced a day or two apart than to be daily drivel.

And so, I have something new to add and here I am. I hired a team of professional organizers to come in and help me with my home. OrganizeThis is coming on Tuesday. They will be here 9-2 for at least a week, maybe two. Their services don't come cheap (I wish I could get Clean Sweep or Hoarders to come in so I could get this kind of service for free, but then I'd have to air my pathetic emotional laundry in public on a national or international stage - bleah. As if I didn't have enough problems, I don't need to melt down and whine in public).

I bought plastic bins, I rented a trash container, I even worked on stuff in the house myself today (with a couple of friends). We folded and put away what seemed like at least a half-ton of fabric, including all my loose batiks. I have loosely refered to these for over a year as 'the leaning tower of batiks'. It is no more - now I can actually see the top of the bookshelf in the hall and I have a nice neat bin of batiks. Once my shelves are in, I will have a nice neat shelf of batiks. hooray!... All my panels are folded and boxed as well.

I sorted and boxed 78 rpm records and several lp's for a recipient from freecycle.

I met a personal trainer today who I am meeting tomorrow with my entire family. It was kind of serendipity - There WAS a branch of Extreme Bootcamp here in town - they closed down their local service. I was out to lunch with a friend today when I saw a man with a tank on that had their logo and on the back were the words 'Instructor'. I ran after him and accosted him, asked if they were back in local business. He turned out to be an ex-instructor for them and no, they aren't back in town. But he does take private clients, so I will be meeting with him tomorrow to negotiate a family plan. We all need the exercise and to get in better physical condition.

So, you see, it's not just my home that's getting a remodel. My house will be in better shape - so why not me, my husband and my son, too.

I am SO excited about all these changes... and a little terrified too... The process will be painful...

... but as they say, 'No pain, no gain.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...