Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 2

Today was a bit crazy.  Went to class, then came home to day 2 of hell week.  It wasn't really that bad, in fact none of it has been quite as bad as I thought it was gonna be.  Basically, they go through things, sort everything into bins, then go through items one at a time, 'keep, donate or trash?' Sometimes I feel guilty about things I say keep on... and maybe they count on a little of that guilt, because then I say, never mind, donate it.' 

Really when it comes down to it, most of this stuff, I don't really need.  My son won't want it when I'm gone... what is the point of keeping it all?  And yet there's still 'STUFF' I can't let go of.  I'm just a packrat.. that's all there is to it. 

I was chatting with my friend Sue today.  She recently downsized a lot of stuff too.  One of the things she mentioned, and it's SO true, is that no matter how hard it is to let go of something, once you do, no matter how much you think 'I might need that someday', in reality, once it's gone, it won't really be missed.  And she's right. 

I let a lot of stuff go in the past couple of days that I thought I needed, and I don't really miss it... a lot of the things I said goodbye to before they went and it felt right and good. Some things I kept because I really did think I might use or need them someday.  I'm finally in my life in a position to just buy a new one if I need it, so bye bye old crap. 

And there's still a lot of old crap to go... Tomorrow is another day... a little more STUFF gone, a little more burden lifted, a little more freedom.

Hooray for OrganizeThis... Hooray for me!

1 comment:

  1. Anne,
    You are doing fantastic!!! I have heard amazing and wonderful reports about a woman who is wanting change and making it happen. You could be your own worst enemy or your own best friend on this journey to your "next". You are doing such a good job. Thank you for trusting us and surrendering to the LOOONG process. You will be a new and lighter and freer person! Good for you! Teine, Chief organizing officer at organizethis, Inc.

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...